lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Reitzel, Charles" <Charles.Reit...@tiaa-cref.org>
Subject RE: Solr query to match document "templates" - sort of a reverse wildcard match
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2015 14:33:34 GMT
Have a look at solr.StopFilterFactory.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Filter+Descriptions#FilterDescriptions-StopFilter

If your place holders (?) are works like and, the, is, to, etc (see lang/stopwords_??.txt),
the stop filter is designed to do what you want.   It leaves holes in the parsed text so that
word distance is maintained in the output.

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Stewart [mailto:bob@kasisto.com]
Sent: Friday, March 06, 2015 9:19 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Solr query to match document "templates" - sort of a reverse wildcard match

If I have SOLR document with field value such as:

"a ? c ? e"

And I want a phrase query such as "a b c d e" to match that document.

So:

q:"a b c d e"  --> return doc with "a ? c ? e" as field value for "q" field.

Is this possible, or is there a way it can be done with a plug-in using lower level Lucene
SDK?  Maybe some custom implementation of TermQuery where value of "?" always matches any
term in the query?

Thanks!
Robert Stewart

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and then delete
it.

TIAA-CREF