lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr Monitoring - Stored Stats?
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2015 16:29:35 GMT
Matt:

Not really. There's a bunch of third-party log analysis tools that
give much of this information (not everything exposed by JMX of course
is in the log files though).

Not quite sure whether things like Nagios, Zabbix and the like have
this kind of stuff built in seems like a natural extension of those
kinds of tools though....

Not much help here...
Erick

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 8:26 AM, Matt Kuiper <matt.kuiper@issinc.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am familiar with the JMX points that Solr exposes to allow for monitoring of statistics
like QPS, numdocs, Average Query Time...

> I am wondering if there is a way to configure Solr to automatically store the value of
these stats over time (for a given time interval), and then allow a user to query a stat over
a time range.  So for the QPS stat,  the query might return a set that includes the QPS value
for each hour in the time range specified.