lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shamik Bandopadhyay <sham...@gmail.com>
Subject Solr 5.0 --> "IllegalStateException: unexpected docvalues type NONE" on result grouping
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2015 18:02:43 GMT
Hi,

   I've a field which is being used for result grouping. Here's the field
definition.

<field name="ADDedup" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="false" required="false" omitNorms="true"  docValues="true"/>

This started once I did a rolling update from 4.7 to 5.0. I started getting
the error on any group by query --> "SolrDispatchFilter null:java.lang.
IllegalStateException: unexpected docvalues type NONE for field 'ADSKDedup'
(expected=SORTED). Use UninvertingReader or dex with docvalues."

Does this mean that I need to re-index documents to get over this error ?

Regards,
Shamik