lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From steve <sc_shep...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Select and Update after with DataImportHandler
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2015 09:01:33 GMT
Hi, maybe I'm missing the point here, but there could be a separate table/database that has
a record inserted after the full import is completed; this could be part of the same "batch"
or script file, or one that is "chained" after the original query completes.

> From: gabi@idieikon.com
> To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
> Subject: Select and Update after with DataImportHandler
> Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 09:47:25 +0100
>
> Hello, we have a sql to retrieve fields from DB and they are indexed in a full-import
defined in a data-config.xml.

> It works as expected but now we want to update the database fields so we know when data
was imported.
> So we add to the table being indexed a timestamp. Now we have table1 field1 field2...
and fieldN (the timestamp).

> Is there any way to indicate "after you finish the select of the full-import, now you
have to do this sql update of the timestamp in the database table"?

> We use Solr 4.6.0
>

> We've tried in the same sql, with cursors or transactions, etc, but the sql select is
pretty complex and we can't make it work in such way, but perhaps the only way to do it is
to substitute the select with some kind of transaction but we don’t know if this is possible
to do in the query for the full-import.