lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From tuxedomoon <dancolem...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Does shard splitting double host count
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2015 13:12:31 GMT
Shawn, in light of Garth's response below

"You can't just add a new core to an existing collection.  You can add the
new node to the cloud, but it won't be part of any collection.  You're not
going to be able to just slide it in as a 4th shard to an established
collection of 3 shards."

how is it that you say I can just start up new hosts, especially without
modfying the numShards parameter from 3 to 4?  And then probably reindexing
because the other options look risky (my company has no backup system).