lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: timestamp field and atomic updates
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2015 16:29:45 GMT

: Recently, we have switched over to use atomic update instead of re-indexing
: when we need to update a doc in the index.  It looks to me that the
: timestamp field is not updated during an atomic update.  I have also looked
: into TimestampUpdateProcessorFactory and it looks to me that won't help in
: my case.

If you put IgnoreFieldUpdateProcessorFactory *after* the
DistributedUpdateProcessor (where the atomic updates are processed and the
"old" timestampe field value is populated in the updated doc) then a
subsequent TimestampUpdateProcessorFactory (or your existing default="NOW"
in schema.xml) should take effect on every atomic update.

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/