lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis.gospodne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 43sec commit duration - blocked by index merge events?
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2015 18:46:45 GMT
If you are using Solr and SPM for Solr, you can check a report that shows
the # of files in an index and the report that shows you the max docs-num
docs delta.  If you see the # of files drop during a commit, that's a
merge.  If you see a big delta change, that's probably a merge, too.

You could also jstack or kill -3 the JVM and see where it's spending its
time to give you some ideas what's going on inside.

HTH.

Otis