lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Anshum Gupta <ans...@anshumgupta.net>
Subject Re: 1 Solr many Shards?
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2015 23:52:08 GMT
Check out the maxShardsPerNode param for CREATE collection here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Collections+API#CollectionsAPI-api1

It defaults to 1 i.e. on a single node, only a single shard for the
collection is allowed but you can override to a really high value e.g.
start SolrCloud with a single node, create collection with numShards=5 and
maxShardsPerNode=5 (or more), This will allow you to place multiple shards
for the same collection on a single node.

Also, the -DzkHost parameter has nothing to do with this. It is the
connection string for the ZooKeeper server/ensemble and is required to
start a SolrCloud node but has no impact on what you've asked.

--
Anshum Gupta
http://about.me/anshumgupta