lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Aki Balogh <...@marketmuse.com>
Subject Can solr TermVectorComponent return term frequency for the term in my query?
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2015 17:56:49 GMT
I'm using solr TermVectorComponent to get term frequencies for specific
terms in a corpus. I.e. I query for "q=dog" and want to get back term
frequencies for "dog" in the corpus.

However, when I request term frequencies, I get back ALL term frequencies
for ALL matching documents, which is generating a massive response and
wasting I/O.

Instead, I would like to get tf for ONLY the terms that are an exact match
to the term in my query.

Word count like this seems like it would be a common use case, but I didn't
see it in the code.
http://grepcode.com/file_/repo1.maven.org/maven2/org.dspace.dependencies.solr/dspace-solr-core/1.4.0.1/org/apache/solr/handler/component/TermVectorComponent.java#78

Is there a way to get this behavior without having to modify the source
code?

Thanks,
Aki