lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Avanish Raju <yar...@gmail.com>
Subject Core property name ignored when creating collection using API
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2015 08:31:46 GMT
Hi all,

I'm learning to create collections by http for a new solr instance. To
create a new collection called "*user6*", I tried the following:
http://104.154.50.127:8983/solr/admin/collections?action=CREATE&name=*user6*
&numShards=1&replicationFactor=2&property.instanceDir=*user6*&property.name=
*user6*

However, when I look at the status, instanceDir and dataDir are all fine,
but the core name is instead: user6_shard1_replica1

http://104.154.50.127:8983/solr/admin/cores?action=status

What is the right way to provide the name of the cores for the collection?

Thanks,
Avanish