lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Walter Underwood <wun...@wunderwood.org>
Subject Re: Changing contextRoot from /solr to /
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2015 15:29:58 GMT
Put Apache in front of it and rewrite all the URLs.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org
http://observer.wunderwood.org/

On Feb 6, 2015, at 6:08 AM, Andrea Gazzarini <a.gazzarini@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry I didn't read your email carefully: the rename workaround doesn't work if you want
to publish a webapp on "/"

> On 02/06/2015 02:51 PM, Andrea Gazzarini wrote:
>> That config parameter is within the <solrCloud> section while you are talking
about a standalone server.
>> The context root of a webapp is not something you can configure within the webapp
itself, each server has is own way to do that.

>> The simplest (but definitely no "elegant") way is to rename the solr.war under your
deployment directory; this works with many servlet engines / application server - Jetty, Tomcat,
JBoss, Weblogic, Websphere (most probably also with the others)