lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Committed before 500
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2015 14:40:22 GMT
On 2/19/2015 6:30 AM, NareshJakher wrote:
> I am using Solr cloud with 3 nodes, at times following error is observed in
> logs during delete operation. Is it a performance issue ? What can be done
> to resolve this issue
>
> "Committed before 500 {msg=Software caused connection abort: socket write
> error,trace=org.eclipse.jetty.io.EofException"
>
> I did search on old topics but couldn't find anything concrete related to
> Solr cloud. Would appreciate any help on the issues as I am relatively new
> to Solr.

A jetty EofException indicates that one specific thing is happening:

The TCP connection from the client was severed before Solr responded to
the request.  Usually this happens because the client has been
configured with an absolute timeout or an inactivity timeout, and the
timeout was reached.

Configuring timeouts so that you can be sure clients don't get stuck is
a reasonable idea, but any configured timeouts should be VERY long.
You'd want to use a value like five minutes, rather than 10, 30, or 60
seconds.

The timeouts MIGHT be in the HttpShardHandler config that Solr and
SolrCloud use for distributed searches, and they also might be in
operating-system-level config.

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrConfigXml?highlight=%28HttpShardHandler%29#Configuration_of_Shard_Handlers_for_Distributed_searches

Thanks,
Shawn