lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From h15...@mailas.com
Subject Re: deploying solr5 in Jetty9 - error "No context on this server matched or handled this request." ?
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2015 23:47:20 GMT
Thanks to all for the info.  I'd made the mistake of staring with 3rd party tutorials which
seem to miss some of the salient details!.

RTFM'ing the official stuff now ...

> I would strongly recommend that you simply run Solr 5 with the jetty
> server (and the bin/solr script) that's included in the binary
> download.  At some point in the future, you will not be able to deploy
> Solr in your own servlet container -- it will be a standalone
> application, NOT a war.

Is that true?  I didn't understand that yet from what I've read.  I'm moving from a tomcat8
setup.  The only reason I ever needed tomcat was to run Solr.

The issue's the same here -- I don't need jetty for anything else (atm).

I *DO* need to end up with a multi-core (not multi-instance, iiuc) setup.

If that's doable with a 'standalone' solr5, then I think that may be the wise advice here.

hanlon