lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ahmet Arslan <iori...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Using TimestampUpdateProcessorFactory and updateRequestProcessorChain
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2015 17:29:09 GMT
Hi,

You are using "/update" when registering, but using "/update/extract" when invoking.

Ahmet

On Tuesday, February 17, 2015 6:28 PM, Shu-Wai Chow <schow@alumni.rutgers.edu> wrote:
Hi, all.  I’m trying to insert a field into Solr called last_modified, which holds a timestamp
of the update. Since this is a cloud setup, I'm using the TimestampUpdateProcessorFactory
to update the updateRequestProcessorChain.

solrconfig.xml:

<requestHandler name="/update" class="solr.UpdateRequestHandler">
    <lst name="defaults">
        <str name="update.chain">last_modified</str>
    </lst>
</requestHandler>

<updateRequestProcessorChain name="last_modified">
    <processor class="solr.TimestampUpdateProcessorFactory">
        <str name="fieldName">last_modified</str>
    </processor>
    <processor class="solr.LogUpdateProcessorFactory" />
    <processor class="solr.RunUpdateProcessorFactory" />
</updateRequestProcessorChain>

In schema.xml, I have:

<field name="last_modified" type="date" indexed="true" stored="true" />
<fieldType name="date" class="solr.TrieDateField" precisionStep="0" positionIncrementGap="0"/>
This is the command I'm using to index:

curl "http://localhost:8983/solr/update/extract?uprefix=attr_&fmap.content=body&literal.id=1234.id&last_modified=NOW"
-F "sc=@1234.txt"
However, after indexing, the last_modified field is still not showing up on queries. Is there
something else I should be doing?  Thanks.