lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Shawn Heisey" <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Solr Users Mailing lists in languages other than English?
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2015 02:19:02 GMT
 > There's no mailing lists in Japan as far as I know. A Google group seems
> be not used any more.
> (Other than mailing lists, there are user meetups in Tokyo.)
>
> Thanks,
> Tomoko

>> Hi,
>>
>> Are there any non-English mailing lists for Solr Users?

An open source project usually needs to settle on one common language for
discussion. For most projects with an international scope (like Solr),
that will be English. Not always, but that's what you'll commonly see.

Americans (I'm in that group) tend to be lazy, so that's one possible
reason. I think it's probably actually because English is the language
that's most common among all the participants, and us lazy Americans
usually ONLY speak English. ;)

Thanks,
Shawn