lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Parnit Pooni <parni...@gmail.com>
Subject solr 4.7 Converting from one boost method to another using ExternalFileField
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2015 14:56:18 GMT
Hi,

I'm currently running into issues creating a solr query to try and boost on
two ExternalFileFields. The following query seems to work, but is extremely
long and repeats query terms and does not use what I would like to use.

http://localhost/solr/Index/select?fl=field(externalFileField1),field(externalFileField2),score&q={!boost%20b=map(field(externalFileField1),5,15,10,3)}term+{!boost%20b=map(field(externalFileField2),70,90,25,1)}term

I would like to use bq instead of {!boost b=myBoostFunction()} format as
you can see I am repeating the term again according to the following
tutorial the formats should be compatible.
http://nolanlawson.com/2012/06/02/comparing-boost-methods-in-solr/

sample query

http://localhost/solr/Index/select?q=*&fl=field(externalFileField1),_val1_:map(field(externalFileField2),5,15,10,3),_val2_:map(field(externalFileField2),70,90,25,1),field(externalFileField2),score&bq=_val_:map(field(externalFileField1),5,15,10,3)%20_val1_:map(field(externalFileField2),70,90,25,1)

This does not seem to work and returns documents ranked by the primary keys.

I have tried to make multiple queries using bq using a external file field
and boosting does not seem to work. An additional requirement I have, is to
boost on specific range for the ExternalFileField and the map function
helps achieve this.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Parnit