lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Bill Au <bill.w...@gmail.com>
Subject timestamp field and atomic updates
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2015 13:44:05 GMT
I have a timestamp field in my schema to track when each doc was indexed:

<field name="timestamp" type="date" indexed="true" stored="true"
default="NOW" multiValued="false" />

Recently, we have switched over to use atomic update instead of re-indexing
when we need to update a doc in the index.  It looks to me that the
timestamp field is not updated during an atomic update.  I have also looked
into TimestampUpdateProcessorFactory and it looks to me that won't help in
my case.

Is there anything within Solr that I can use to update the timestamp during
atomic update, or do I have to explicitly include the timestamp field as
part of the atomic update?

Bill