lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Modassar Ather <modather1...@gmail.com>
Subject WordDelimiterFilterFactory and position increment.
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2015 09:24:01 GMT
Hi,

I am using WordDelimiterFilter while indexing. Parser used is edismax.
Phrase search is failing for terms like "3d image".

On the analysis page it shows following four tokens for *3d* and there
positions.

*token          position*
3d               1
3                 1
3d               1
d                 2

image         3

Here the token d is at position 2 which per my understanding causes the
phrase search "3d image" fail.
"3d image"~1 works fine. Same behavior is present for "wi-fi device" and
other few queries starting with token which is tokenized as shown above in
the table.

Kindly help me understand the behavior and let me know how the phrase
search is possible in such cases without the slop.

Thanks,
Modassar