lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Scott Stults <sstu...@opensourceconnections.com>
Subject SpellingQueryConverter and query parsing
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2015 17:26:26 GMT
Hello!

SpellingQueryConverter "parses" the incoming query in sort of a quick and
dirty way with a regular expression. Is there a reason the query string
isn't parsed with the _actual_ parser, if one was configured for that type
of request? Even better, could the parsed query object be added to the
response in some way so that the query wouldn't need to be parsed twice?
The individual terms could then be visited and substituted in-place without
needing to worry about preserving the meaning of operators in the query.

The motive in my question is, I may need to implement a QueryConverter
because I'm using a custom parser, and using that parser in the
QueryConverter itself seems like the right thing to do. That wasn't done
though in SpellingQueryConverter, so I wan't to find out why before I go
blundering into a known minefield.

Thanks!
-Scott