lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Trym Møller <t...@sigmat.dk>
Subject PostingsFormat block size
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2015 11:28:46 GMT
Hi

I have successfully create a really cool Lucene41x8PostingsFormat class
(a copy of the Lucene41PostingsFormat class modified to use 8 times the
default block size), registered the format as required. In the
schema.xml I have created a field type string with this postingsformat
and lastly I'm using this field type for my id field. This all works
great and as a consequence the .tip files of the Lucene index (segments)
are considerably smaller and the same goes for the Solr JVM Memory usage
(which was the end goal).

Now I need to find the consequences (besides the disk and memory usage)
of this change to the id-field. I would expect that id-searches are
slower. But when will Solr/Lucene do id-searches? I have myself no user
scenarios where my documents are searched by the id value.

Thanks for any comments.

Best regards Trym