lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Errors using the Embedded Solar Server
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2015 02:09:33 GMT
On 1/21/2015 7:02 PM, Carl Roberts wrote:
> Got it all working...:)
>
> I just replaced the solrconfig.xml and schema.xml files that I was using
> with the ones from collection1 in one of the examples.  I had modified
> those files to remove certain sections which I thought were not needed
> and apparently I don't understand those files very well yet...:)

Glad you got it working.  Here's the problem.  In that log you included,
the error was:

ERROR org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore -
org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: undefined field text

Your solrconfig.xml file referenced a field named "text" (probably in
the df parameter of a request handler) ... but your schema.xml did not
have that field defined.

Thanks,
Shawn