lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Carl Roberts <carl.roberts.zap...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Errors using the Embedded Solar Server
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2015 01:28:51 GMT
Ah - OK - let me try that.   BTW - I applied the fix from the bug link 
you gave me to log the errors and I am now at least getting the actual 
errors:

*default core name=db
solr home=/Users/carlroberts/dev/solr-4.10.3/
db is loaded=false
core init 
failures={db=org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer$CoreLoadFailure@4d351f9b}
cores=[]
Exception in thread "main" org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: 
SolrCore 'db' is not available due to init failure: JVM Error creating 
core [db]: org/apache/lucene/queries/function/ValueSource
     at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.getCore(CoreContainer.java:749)
     at 
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.embedded.EmbeddedSolrServer.request(EmbeddedSolrServer.java:110)
     at 
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.request.AbstractUpdateRequest.process(AbstractUpdateRequest.java:124)
     at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServer.add(SolrServer.java:68)
     at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServer.add(SolrServer.java:54)
     at solr.Test.main(Test.java:38)
Caused by: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: JVM Error creating core 
[db]: org/apache/lucene/queries/function/ValueSource
     at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.create(CoreContainer.java:508)
     at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer$1.call(CoreContainer.java:255)
     at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer$1.call(CoreContainer.java:249)
     at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
     at 
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
     at 
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: 
org/apache/lucene/queries/function/ValueSource
     at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
     at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:274)
     at 
org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader.findClass(SolrResourceLoader.java:484)
     at 
org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader.newInstance(SolrResourceLoader.java:521)
     at 
org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader.newInstance(SolrResourceLoader.java:517)
     at 
org.apache.solr.schema.FieldTypePluginLoader.create(FieldTypePluginLoader.java:81)
     at 
org.apache.solr.schema.FieldTypePluginLoader.create(FieldTypePluginLoader.java:43)
     at 
org.apache.solr.util.plugin.AbstractPluginLoader.load(AbstractPluginLoader.java:151)
     at org.apache.solr.schema.IndexSchema.readSchema(IndexSchema.java:486)
     at org.apache.solr.schema.IndexSchema.<init>(IndexSchema.java:166)
     at 
org.apache.solr.schema.IndexSchemaFactory.create(IndexSchemaFactory.java:55)
     at 
org.apache.solr.schema.IndexSchemaFactory.buildIndexSchema(IndexSchemaFactory.java:69)
     at 
org.apache.solr.core.ConfigSetService.createIndexSchema(ConfigSetService.java:90)
     at 
org.apache.solr.core.ConfigSetService.getConfig(ConfigSetService.java:62)
     at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.create(CoreContainer.java:489)
     ... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: 
org.apache.lucene.queries.function.ValueSource
     at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366)
     at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)
     at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
     at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)
     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:425)
     at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358)
     ... 21 more
*
On 1/21/15, 7:32 PM, Shawn Heisey wrote:
> On 1/21/2015 5:16 PM, Carl Roberts wrote:
>> BTW - it seems that is very hard to get started with the Embedded
>> server.  The doc is out of date.  The code seems to be untested and buggy.
>>
>> On 1/21/15, 7:15 PM, Carl Roberts wrote:
>>> Hmmm....It looks like FutureTask is calling setException(Throwable t)
>>> with this exception which is not making it to the console.
>>>
>>> What I don't understand is why it is throwing that exception.  I made
>>> sure that I added lucene-queries-4.10.3.jar file to the classpath by
>>> adding it to the solr home directory.  See the new tracing:
> I'm pretty sure that all the lucene jars need to be available *before*
> Solr reaches the point in the log that you have quoted, where it adds
> jars from ${solr.solr.home}/lib.  This would be the same location where
> the solrj and solr-core jars live.  The only kind of jars that should be
> in the solr home lib directory are extra jars for extra features that
> you might specify in schema.xml (or some places in solrconfig.xml), like
> the ICU analysis jars, tika, mysql, etc.
>
> Thanks,
> Shawn
>


Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message