lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Toke Eskildsen ...@statsbiblioteket.dk>
Subject RE: Hardware requirement for 500 million documents
Date Sun, 04 Jan 2015 15:31:44 GMT
Ali Nazemian [alinazemian@gmail.com] wrote:
> I was wondering what is the hardware requirement for indexing 500 million
> documents in Solr? Suppose maximum number of concurrent users in peak time
> would be 20.

The thread "How large is your solr index" might help, as might https://lucidworks.com/blog/sizing-hardware-in-the-abstract-why-we-dont-have-a-definitive-answer/

We might be able to give some hints, but you really should build a prototype and measure.
If we are to give hints, you need to give more information

* How large do you expect your index to be, measured in bytes?
* Will you be indexing while searching? How much? How frequent?
* What is a typical query? What kind of faceting do you perform?
* Which response times are you looking for?

- Toke Eskildsen