lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jorge Luis Betancourt González <jlbetanco...@uci.cu>
Subject Avoiding wildcard queries using edismax query parser
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2015 21:33:50 GMT
Hello all,

Currently we are using edismax query parser in an internal application, we've detected that
some wildcard queries including "*" are causing some performance issues and for this particular
case we're not interested in allowing any user to request all the indexed documents.

This could be easily escaped in the application level, but right now we have several applications
(using several programming languages) consuming from Solr, and adding this into each application
is kind of exhausting, so I'm wondering if there is some configuration that allow us to treat
this special characters as normal alphanumeric characters.

I've tried one solution that worked before, involving the WordDelimiterFilter an the types
attribute:

<filter class="solr.WordDelimiterFilterFactory" generateWordParts="0" generateNumberParts="0"
catenateWords="0"
catenateNumbers="0" catenateAll="0" splitOnCaseChange="0" preserveOriginal="0" types="characters.txt"
/>

and in characters.txt I've mapped the special characters into ALPHA:

+ => ALPHA
* => ALPHA

Any thoughts on this?

XII Aniversario de la creación de la Universidad de las Ciencias Informáticas. 12 años
de historia junto a Fidel. 12 de diciembre de 2014.