lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Bill Bell <billnb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Old facet value doesn't go away after index update
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2014 22:38:35 GMT
Set mincount=1

Bill Bell
Sent from mobile

> On Dec 19, 2014, at 12:22 PM, Tang, Rebecca <Rebecca.Tang@ucsf.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
> I have an index that has a field called collection_facet.
>
> There was a value 'Ness Motley Law Firm Documents' that we wanted to update to 'Ness
Motley Law Firm'.  There were 36,132 records with this value.  So I re-indexed just the 36,132
records.  After the update, I ran a facet query (q=*:*&facet=true&facet.field=collection_facet)
to see if the value got updated and I saw
> Ness Motley Law Firm 36,132  -- as expected
> Ness Motley Law Firm Documents 0 — Why is this value still here even though clearly
there are no records with this value anymore?  I thought maybe it was cached, so I restarted
solr, but I still got the same results.