lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Tom Burton-West <tburt...@umich.edu>
Subject Details on why ConccurentUpdateSolrServer is reccommended for maximum index performance
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2014 19:12:45 GMT
Hello all,

In the example schema.xml for Solr 4.10.2 this comment is listed under the
"PERFORMANCE NOTE"

"For maximum indexing performance, use the ConcurrentUpdateSolrServer
    java client."

Is there some documentation somewhere that explains why this will maximize
indexing peformance?

In particular, I have very large documents on the order of 700KB, so I'[m
interested to determine if there is a significant advantage to using the
ConcurrentUpdateSolrServer in my use case.

A related question, is how to use ConcurrentUpdateSolrServer with XML
documents

I have very large XML documents, and the examples I see all build documents
by adding fields in Java code.  Is there an example that actually reads XML
files from the file system?

Tom