lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <erik.hatc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to stop Solr tokenising search terms with spaces
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2014 15:59:41 GMT
try using {!field} instead of {!prefix}.  {!field} will create a phrase query (or term query
if it’s just one term) after analysis.  [it also could construct other query types if the
analysis overlaps tokens, but maybe not relevant here]

Also note that you can use multiple of these expressions if needed:  q={!prefix f=field1 v=$f1_val}
OR {!prefix f=field2 v=$f2_val} where &f1_val=<field 1 value>&f2_val=<field2
value>

	Erik

> On Dec 5, 2014, at 10:45 AM, Dinesh Babu <dinesh.babu@pb.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> We are using Solr 4.10.2 to store user names from LDAP. I want Solr not to tokenise my
search term which has space in it Eg: If there is a user by the name Tom Hanks Major, then

> 1) When I do a query for " Tom Hanks Major " , I don't want solr break this search phrase
and search for individual words (ie, Tom ,Hanks, Major), but search for the whole phrase and
get me the Tom Hanks Major user

> 2) Also if I query for "Hanks Major" I should get the Tom Hanks Major user back
>
> We used !prefix, but that does no allow the scenario 2. Also !prefix will restrict the
search to one field and can't do on mutiple fields. Any solutions?