lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Darin Amos <dari...@gmail.com>
Subject DocsEnum and TermsEnum "reuse" in lucene join library?
Date Sat, 06 Dec 2014 01:14:25 GMT
Hi All,

I have been working on a custom query and I am going off of samples in the lucene join library
(4.3.0) and I am a little unclear about a couple lines.

1) When getting a TermsEnum in TermsIncludingScoreQuery.createWeight(…).scorer()… A previous
TermsEnum is used like the following:

segmentTermsEnum = terms.iterator(segmentTermsEnum);

2) When getting a DocsEnum SVInOrderScorer.fillDocsAndScores:

 for (int i = 0; i < terms.size(); i++) {
        if (termsEnum.seekExact(terms.get(ords[i], spare), true)) {
          docsEnum = termsEnum.docs(acceptDocs, docsEnum, DocsEnum.FLAG_NONE);

My assumption is that the previous enum values are not reused, but this is a tuning mechanism
for garbage collection, is the correct assumption?

Thanks!

Darin