lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Dyer, James" <James.D...@ingramcontent.com>
Subject RE: Spellchecker delivers far too few suggestions
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2014 15:46:24 GMT
Martin,

If you would like to get suggestions even for terms occurring in the index, set "spellcheck.alternativeTermCount"
to a value >0 .  You can use the same value as for "spellcheck.count", or a lower value
if you want fewer results than for terms not in the index.

See https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Spell+Checking#SpellChecking-The{{spellcheck.alternativeTermCount}}Parameter

With this, you might also want to set "spellcheck.maxResultsForSuggest" to a value >0.
 This will prevent the spellchecker from doing work even when enough results returned that
you wouldn't want to suggest anything to the user.

See https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Spell+Checking#SpellChecking-The{{spellcheck.maxResultsForSuggest}}Parameter

Used with the "maxCollationTries" parameter, you should be getting fairly good "did-you-mean"-style
suggestions.

See https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Spell+Checking#SpellChecking-The{{spellcheck.maxCollationTries}}Parameter

James Dyer
Ingram Content Group
(615) 213-4311

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Dietze [mailto:mdietze@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2014 3:02 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Spellchecker delivers far too few suggestions

On 17 December 2014 at 18:08, Erick Erickson <erickerickson@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is seeming like a puzzler...

I’ve got to the point that I do get suggestions if I find no document
at all. The problem was seemingly caused by the way I quoted my search
queries.

Still I don’t get suggestions for terms that are in the index. For
instance, if I create a document that contains the term “bnak”, I
would like to display a result like: “found one occurrence of ‘bnak’,
but did you mean: <list of suggestions>”.

Is there a setting I’ve missed?

--
---------- MDietze@gmail.com --/-- martin@the-little-red-haired-girl.org ----
------------- / http://herbert.the-little-red-haired-girl.org / -------------