lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jens Ivar Jørdre <jijor...@gmail.com>
Subject Solr Cloud and relative paths in solrconfig.xml lib directives
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2014 20:25:30 GMT
Hi all,

I seek some advice on the use of lib directives in solrconfig.xml in Solr Cloud. My project
has been tested with Solr 4.10.2 and run nicely on single node with the included Jetty. The
setup adds a DataImportHandler request handler to solrconfig.xml. It also adds a lib directive
to solconfig.xml to pick up dataimporhandler jars from «../../../dist».

Now, in migrating this setup to Solr Cloud I upconfig the configuration to ZooKeeper and create
collection with the collections API’s CREATE action. The problem with this approach is that
the relative path to dist in the lib directive does not resolve correctly.

failure: {
: "org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer$RemoteSolrException:Error CREATEing SolrCore
'cloudcollection1_shard2_replica2': Unable to create core [cloudcollection1_shard2_replica2]
Caused by: org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImportHandler"
}

and the logs reveal that class org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImportHandler is yet
to be found. Then, revamping my lib directive with absolute path to dist directory that includes
the dataimporthandler jars, another upconfig and collection creation anew successfully creates
the collection.

Is this intentional behavior forcing the use of absolute paths, or is it possible to use relative
path to dist and contrib directories on solrconfig.xml in Cloud mode?

--
Sincerely,
Jens Ivar Jørdre