lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Rochkind <rochk...@jhu.edu>
Subject Re: WordDelimiter filter, expanding to multiple words, unexpected results
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2014 16:53:25 GMT
On 12/30/14 11:45 AM, Alexandre Rafalovitch wrote:
> On 30 December 2014 at 11:12, Jonathan Rochkind <rochkind@jhu.edu> wrote:
>> I'm a bit confused about what splitOnCaseChange combined with catenateWords
>> is meant to do at all.  It _is_ generating both the split and single-word
>> tokens at query time
>
> Have you tried only having WDF during indexing with both options set?
> And same chain but without WDF at all during query?

Without WDF at all in the query, then "mixedCase" in query would match
"mixedCase" in index, but would no longer match "mixed Case" in index.

I thought I was using WDF in such a way that "mixedCase" in query could
match both/either "mixedCase" and/or "mixed Case" in the index. And I
thought this was an intended use case of the WDF.

But perhaps I was wrong, and the WDF simply can't do this?  Is WDF
intended mainly for use at index time and not query time? In general,
I'm confused about the various things WDF can and can't do, and the
various configurations to make it do that.

Thanks for everyone's advice.