lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Michael Della Bitta <michael.della.bi...@appinions.com>
Subject Re: Endless 100% CPU usage on searcherExecutor thread
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2014 22:50:22 GMT
I've been experiencing this problem. Running VisualVM on my instances
shows that they spend a lot of time creating WeakReferences
(org.apache.lucene.util.WeakIdentityMap$IdentityWeakReference that is).
I think what's happening here is the heap's not big enough for Lucene's
caches and it ends up thrashing.

You might try bumping up your heap some to see if that helps. It's made
a difference for me, but mostly in delaying the onset and limiting the
occurrence of this. Likely I just need an even larger heap.

Michael