lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Michael Sokolov <msoko...@safaribooksonline.com>
Subject Re: Q: Does anybody asks/answer Solr questions on Stack Overflow? Why?
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2014 19:41:36 GMT
Alex, I spent some time answering questions there, but got ultimately
got turned off by the competitive nature of it. I wanted to increase my
score -- fun! But if you are not watching it all the time, the questions
go by very fast, and you lose your edge.  The typical pattern seems to
be: so-so answer gets selected as correct, and then the really good
thoughtful answer comes along later. Not to say I don't value it, but it
seems to demand a kind of intensity of effort that I didn't have time
for -- it's much easier to find good answers there than it is to find
good questions.

-Mike