lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mathijs Corten <m.cor...@bedandbreakfast.eu>
Subject Re: Custom SOLR plugin that returns a field + where you can sort on that field
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2014 13:24:43 GMT
well we though of that but there are some problems with a second core
for availability:
we already have a core containing alot of house information (id, name,
latitude, longitude, city , country etc.) which means we would have to
do 2 solr queries just to build 1 search result or add alot of double
information to the availabillity core (Every availabillity record would
also contain id, name, latitude, longitude etc.).

I was also reading about joining 2 cores together but the limit on this
is that you can not return information from the second core.

So of course as second core with availabillity would be a solution it
just isn't our preferred one