lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Dinesh Babu <dinesh.b...@pb.com>
Subject RE: How to stop Solr tokenising search terms with spaces
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2014 16:25:46 GMT
Thanks a lot Erik. {!field} seems to solve our issue. Much appreciate your help

Regards,
Dinesh Babu.

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:erik.hatcher@gmail.com]
Sent: 05 December 2014 16:00
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to stop Solr tokenising search terms with spaces

try using {!field} instead of {!prefix}.  {!field} will create a phrase query (or term query
if it’s just one term) after analysis.  [it also could construct other query types if the
analysis overlaps tokens, but maybe not relevant here]

Also note that you can use multiple of these expressions if needed:  q={!prefix f=field1 v=$f1_val}
OR {!prefix f=field2 v=$f2_val} where &f1_val=<field 1 value>&f2_val=<field2
value>

        Erik

> On Dec 5, 2014, at 10:45 AM, Dinesh Babu <dinesh.babu@pb.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> We are using Solr 4.10.2 to store user names from LDAP. I want Solr not to tokenise my
search term which has space in it Eg: If there is a user by the name Tom Hanks Major, then

> 1) When I do a query for " Tom Hanks Major " , I don't want solr break this search phrase
and search for individual words (ie, Tom ,Hanks, Major), but search for the whole phrase and
get me the Tom Hanks Major user

> 2) Also if I query for "Hanks Major" I should get the Tom Hanks Major user back
>
> We used !prefix, but that does no allow the scenario 2. Also !prefix will restrict the
search to one field and can't do on mutiple fields. Any solutions?