lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From solr-user <solr-u...@hotmail.com>
Subject what does this "write.lock does not exist" mean??
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2014 17:47:50 GMT
I looked for messages on the following error but dont see anything in nabble.
Does anyone know what this error means and how to correct it??

SEVERE: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
/var/apache/my-solr-slave/solr/coreA/data/index/write.lock does not exist

I also occasionally see error messages about specific index files such as
this:

SEVERE: null:java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
/var/apache/my_solr-slave/solr/coreA/data/index/_md39_1.del does not exist

I am using Solr 4.0.0, with Java 1.7.0_11-b21 and tomcat 7.0.34, running on
a 12GB centos box; we have master/slave setup with multiple slave searchers
per indexer.

any thoughts on this would be appreciated