lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis.gospodne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Search for partial name in Solr 4.x
Date Sun, 09 Nov 2014 23:36:18 GMT
Hi,

You may be looking for wildcard queries or ngrams.

Otis

> On Nov 9, 2014, at 3:26 PM, PeriS <peri.subrahmanya@htcinc.com> wrote:
>
> I was wondering if there is a way to search on partial names? Ex; Field is a string and
stores values like titles of a book; When searching part of the title may be supplied; How
do I resolve this? Please let me know

> Thanks
> -PeriS
>

> *** DISCLAIMER *** This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient,
please delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the mistake in delivery.
> NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind HTC Global Services
to any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written agreement or government
initiative expressly permitting the use of e-mail for such purpose.