lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From ralph tice <ralph.t...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Backuping SolrCloud
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2014 16:07:55 GMT
I have a writeup of how to perform safe backups here:
https://gist.github.com/ralph-tice/887414a7f8082a0cb828

There are some tickets around this work to further the ease of
backups, especially https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-5750

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 9:45 AM, Vivek Pathak <vpathak@orgmeta.com> wrote:
> I was able to get very good backup procedure by having cron job perform compact on each
shard and then copy out the physical shard (the full lucene index directory to a backup server)

> Updates would need to be stopped during this period.   And restore would be as simple
as copying in the backed up shard and restarting solr