lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CoreContainer : create new cores reusing/sharing solrconfig.xml and schema.xml
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2014 16:12:04 GMT
4.10 does NOT require java 8, it requires Java 1.7. In fact, 5.x is on
Java 1.7 too.

Trunk, (the future Solr/Lucene 6.0) is on Java 8 though (just recently moved).

But if you wan to go to Java 8 anyway and need an excuse pretend I didn't write
this ;).

Best,
Erick

http://www.solr-start.com/ and @solrstart Solr popularizers community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=6713853

> On 24 November 2014 at 10:43, Clemens Wyss DEV <clemensdev@mysign.ch> wrote:
>> Thanks fort he quick reply.
>> But how do I hand in the configSet to use. I guess through the CoreDescriptor?
>>
>> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

that makes use of solrconfig.xml and schema.xml?
>>> The new core should use the config files in .../solrhome/config/
>>>
>>> Thx
>>> Clemens