lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: mlt handler not giving response in Solr Cloud
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2014 21:24:39 GMT
On 11/18/2014 1:10 AM, Jilani Shaik wrote:
> When I tried to execute the mlt handler query on a shard it is giving
> result if the documents exist on that shards.
>
> in below scenario, I have a cloud shards on localhost with ports 8181 and
> 8191. where documents are distributed. if the mlt query document id belongs
> to 8181 shard and the query hits to 8181 shard then only I am getting the
> results.

The MoreLikeThisComponent was recently upgraded to work in distributed
mode, but I'm fairly sure the MoreLikeThisHandler has not received the
same upgrade.  You'll need to configure the component in another handler
and use the mlt parameters on the request URL.

I've notice some performance issues with the component on a distributed
index, but they have not yet been addressed.  I thought there was an
issue filed for that, but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks,
Shawn