lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Michael Sokolov <msoko...@safaribooksonline.com>
Subject Re: Suggest dictionaries not rebuilding after restart
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2014 20:24:37 GMT
Yeah - I would want it fixed as a default setting of some sort, maybe
in-built in the Suggester class, so you wouldn't be required to have
something in config to make it work in a reasonable way. Glad my
insomnia went to some purpose.

-MIke

> That fixed it.
>
> I bet that would fix the problem with the very long startup that another user had. That’s
a bug in the default solrconfig.xml, it should persist the dictionaries.

> wunder
> Walter Underwood
> wunder@wunderwood.org
> http://observer.wunderwood.org/
>

> On Nov 14, 2014, at 12:42 AM, Michael Sokolov <msokolov@safaribooksonline.com>
wrote:

>> It looks like you have to define "storeDir", and if you don't then the rebuild no
longer happens, as you said.  I think that goes in the config block you showed, but I haven't
tested this (we use a different suggester with its own persistence strategy).

>> -Mike
>>
>> On 11/14/14 2:01 AM, Walter Underwood wrote:
>>> We get no suggestions until we force a build with suggest.build=true. Maybe we
need to define a spellchecker component to get that behavior?

>>> wunder
>>> Walter Underwood
>>> wunder@wunderwood.org
>>> http://observer.wunderwood.org/

them on restart rather than rebuilding.

This seems odd, since someone else had a problem because they did rebuild after restart.