lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: DocSet getting cached in filterCache for facet request with {!cache=false}
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2014 14:31:43 GMT
On 11/11/2014 1:22 AM, Mohsin Beg Beg wrote:
> It seems Solr is caching when facting even with fq={!cache=false}*:* specified. This
is what I am doing on Solr 4.10.0 on jre 1.7.0_51.

of item_*:*: org.apache.solr.search.BitDocSet@‚Äč66afbbf cached.

> Suggestions why or how this may be avoided since I don't want to cache anything other
than facet(ed) terms in the filterCache (for predictable heap usage).

I hope this is just for testing, because fq=*:* is completely
unnecessary, and will cause Solr to do extra work that it doesn't need
to do.

Try changing that second query so q and fq are not the same, so you can
see for sure which one is producing the filterCache entry.  With the
same query for both, you cannot know which one is populating the
filterCache.  If it's coming from the q parameter, then it's probably
working as designed.  If it comes from the fq, then we probably actually
do have a problem that needs investigation.

Thanks,
Shawn