lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Yago Riveiro" <yago.rive...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Delete data from stored documents
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2014 12:26:45 GMT
Jack,

I have some data indexed that I don’t need any more. My question is if I can delete the
field definition from the schema.xml and do an optimize and the fields “magically” disappears
(and free space from disk).

Re-index data to delete fields is to expensive in collections with hundreds of millions of
documents.

Optimize operation seems to be a good place to shrink to documents ...

—
/Yago Riveiro