lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Which Solr releases contain SOLR-4470 (Security for inter-solr-node requests)
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2014 22:33:23 GMT
You find the answer to such questions by looking at the state of the JIRA issue

Staus: Open
Fix version: Trunk

Which means that this feature is not included in any released Solr version (yet).

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

> 3. nov. 2014 kl. 22.39 skrev Yuan Jerry <Jerry.Yuan@sentry.com>:
>
> I am currently working on SolrCloud and its related security configurations for securing
Solr web applications using HTTP Basic Authentication mechanism. Among the Solr nodes inside
the SolrCloud clustered env, there seem to be existing some inter-solr-node communication
issues due to the security configurations, which are the HTTP Authentication errors. Based
on my research, the patch SOLR-4470 (Security for inter-solr-node requests) would be ideal
for resolving these issues (please refer to the address: https://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrSecurity#Security_for_inter-solr-node_requests).
However, it seems to me that these security patches are out-of-box additions to the current
Solr source codebase, which don't seem to be available in the recent Solr releases.

> If someone could point out which Solr releases or the jars from some online repositories
that contain this patch, it would be appreciated very much.

> Jerry
>

> This e-mail is confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose
or use the information contained in it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
tell us immediately by return e-mail and delete the document. No recipient may use the information
in this e-mail in violation of any civil or criminal statute. Sentry disclaims all liability
for any unauthorized uses of this e-mail or its contents. Sentry accepts no liability or responsibility
for any damage caused by any virus transmitted with this e-mail.