lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: issue related to blank value in datefield
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2014 00:15:05 GMT

: I was just trying to index the fields returned by my msql and i found this

If you are importing dates from MySql where you have 0000-00-00T00:00:00Z
as the default value, you should actaully be getting an error lsat time i
checked, but this explains the right way to tell the MySQL JDBC driver not
to give you those values ...

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandlerFaq#Invalid_dates_.28e.g._.220000-00-00.22.29_in_my_MySQL_database_cause_my_import_to_abort

(even if you aren't using DIH to talk to MySQL, the same principle holds
if you are using JDBC, if you are talking to MySQL from some other client
langauge there should be a similar option)

: Actually i just want to know why it is getting stored as '
:  0002-11-30T00:00:00Z' on indexing the value 0000-00-00T00:00:00Z.

like i said: bugs. behavior with "Year 0000" is ndefined in alot of the
underlying date code.  as for what that speciic date? ... no idea.

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/