lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jakov Sosic <jso...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migrating cloud to another set of machines
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2014 17:16:43 GMT
On 10/30/2014 04:47 AM, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
> Hi/Bok Jakov,
>
> 2) sounds good to me.  It means no down-time.  1) means stoppage.  If
> stoppage is not OK, but falling behind with indexing new content is OK, you
> could:
> * add a new cluster
> * start reading from old index and indexing into the new index
> * stop old cluster when done
> * index new content to new cluster (or maybe you can be doing this all
> along if indexing old + new at the same time is OK for you)
> --

Thank you for suggestions Otis.

Everything is acceptable currently, but in the future as the data grows,
we will certainly enter those edge cases where neither stopping indexing
nor stopping queries will be acceptable.

What makes things a little bit more problematic is that ZooKeepers are
migrating also to new machines.