lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: Regarding Default Scoring For Solr
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2014 21:18:26 GMT
That's a reasonable description for Solr/Lucene scoring, but use the latest
release:
http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_10_0/core/org/apache/lucene/search/similarities/TFIDFSimilarity.html

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: mdemarco123
Sent: Thursday, October 2, 2014 6:06 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Regarding Default Scoring For Solr

If i add this to the end of my query string I get a score back. &fl=*,score"
Is this the default score? I did read some info on scoring and it is
detailed
and granular and conceptual but because of limited time I can't go into
the how's at the moment of the score calculation.  Are the links below a
good start
as to the default calculation or can it be put any more into a tutorial
fashion

http://www.lucenetutorial.com/advanced-topics/scoring.html
http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_0_0/core/org/apache/lucene/search/similarities/TFIDFSimilarity.html