lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Timo Schmidt" <timo-schm...@gmx.net>
Subject Using SolrCloud on Amazon EC2
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2014 07:43:25 GMT
Hi together,

we currently plan to setup a project based on solr cloud and amazon webservices. Our main
search application is deployed using aws opsworks which works out quite good.
Since we also want to provision solr to ec2 i want to ask for experiences with the different
deployment/provisioning tools.
By now i see the following 3 approaches.

1. Using ludic solr scale tk to setup and maintain the cluster
Who is using this in production and what are your experiences?

2. Implementing own chef cookbooks for aws opsworks to install solrcloud as a custom opsworks
layer
Did somebody do this allready?
What are you experiences?

Are there any cookbooks out, where we can contribute and reuse?

3. Implementing own chef cookbooks for aws opsworks to install solrcloud as a docker container
Any experiences with this?

Do you see other options? Afaik elasticbeanstalk could also be an option?
It would be very nice to get some experiences and recommendations?

Cheers

Timo