lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "sangeetha.subramanian@gtnexus.com" <sangeetha.subraman...@gtnexus.com>
Subject Help needed in Indexing and Search on xml content
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2014 07:50:40 GMT
Hi Team,

I am a newbie to SOLR. I have got search fields stored in a xml file which is stored in MSSQL.
I want to index on the content of the xml file in SOLR. We need to provide search based on
the fields present in the XML file.

The reason why we are storing the input details as XML file is , the users will be able to
add custom input fields on their own with values. Storing these custom fields as columns in
MSSQL seems to be not an optimal solution. So we thought of putting it in XML file and store
that file in RDBMS.
But I am not sure on how we can index the content of the file to make search better. I believe
this can be done by ExtractingRequestHandler.

Could someone help me on how we can implement this/ direct me to some pages which could be
of help to me ?

Thanks
Sangeetha