lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr Sharding Help
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2014 19:11:10 GMT
Ahhh, this is a continual source of confusion. I've started a one-man
campaign to talk about "leaders" and "followers" when relevant...

_Every_ node is a "replica". This is because a node can be a leader or
follower, and the role can change.

So your case is entirely normal. These nodes are probably the leaders
too, and will remain so while you add more replicas/followers.

Best,
Erick